AircompressorAdvisor.com is participating in Amazon Affiliate program so there are affiliate links included in the pages and we earn commissions through this program and affiliate links. Read More
6 Best Air Compressor for Car Tires in 2023
Maintaining proper tire pressure is crucial for the safety, performance, as well as longevity of your vehicle's tires. However, finding a reliable and efficient way to inflate your car tires can be challenging especially if you're on the go.
This is where an air compressor comes in handy but with so many options on the market, it can be difficult to determine which air compressor will be the right one for you. So in this article, I have listed some of the best air compressors for car tires explaining each of them in great detail so without any further ado let's take a look at it.
Quick List of Top Air Compressors for Car Tires:
- Avid Power Portable Cordless Tire Inflator Air Compressor:
- TEROMAS DC/AC Portable Tire Inflator Air Compressor:
- AstroAI Rechargeable Cordless Tire Inflator Air Compressor:
- VIAIR 88P - 00088 (12V) Tire Inflator:
- Milwaukee M18 Inflator 2848-20:
- RYOBI 18V One+ Dual Function Inflator/Deflator:
1. Avid Power Portable Cordless Tire Inflator Air Compressor:
The Avid Power Portable Cordless Tire Inflator Air Compressor is a fantastic addition to any vehicle owner's kit and is one of the best portable air compressors for car tires. With a maximum display pressure of 100 PSI and a maximum flow rate of 30L/min, this compressor is efficient as well as easy to use.
This tire inflator comes with an auto shut-off function so just need to preset your desired pressure and it will automatically shut off so you won't need to worry about over-inflating as the accuracy of the indicated pressure is +/- 1 PSI.
The LCD display of this inflator shows real-time pressure so all you have to do is connect it to the tire valve system and it will automatically provide you with the pressure of it making it easy to monitor the tire pressure.
The dimensions of this air compressor are 7.08 x 2.2 x 9.25 inches and has a weight of about 3.9 pounds.
This portable tire inflator is compatible with cars, motorcycles, bicycles, sports balls, and inflatable pool toys making it a versatile tool. The air hose length of it is 19.68 in (0.5 Meters) and the DC cord length is about 9.8ft and according to the manufacturer, its noise level is 65 dB.
This tire air compressor is constructed with top-notch materials, allowing it to efficiently inflate a 195/60 R14 tire without gas in just 3 minutes, and a 215/60 R16 tire without gas in only 5 minutes.
The ergonomic shape design makes it easy to use either put it on the ground or hold it in hand while inflating and the built-in LED lights illuminate dark places making it easy to inflate tires in low light conditions.
The inflation process is made easier with the 20V rechargeable Li-ion battery and DC 12V power supply and additionally, the Avid Power Battery features a USB output port which allows it to be used as a power bank for other devices.
There's no need to worry about your battery running out as this unit comes equipped with a 12V car power adapter that can serve as an alternate power source and it features three power indicator lights that display your current battery level.
This unit comes with a 20V Lithium-ion battery pack, 3 nozzles, 12V car power adapter, battery charger, user manual, and also a tool bag.
Note: (This compressor is not suitable for large truck tires)
- Maximum Display Pressure: 100 PSI
- Maximum Flow Rate (High Pressure): 30L/min
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 7.08 x 2.2 x 9.25 inches
- Weight: 3.9 Pounds
- Voltage: 20 Volts (DC)
- Power Source: 20V Battery / 12V DC
- Sound Level: 65 dB
- Auto Shut Off: Yes
- LCD Display: Yes
- LED Light: Yes
- Air Hose Length: 19.68 in (0.5 Meters)
- DC Cord Length: 9.8ft
- Total Measuring Unit: 4
- Has a sound level of 65 dB and features an auto shut-off function
- Ergonomic shape design and built-in LED lights
- Also, it features dual power supply (20V battery / 12V DC) and its battery can also be used as a power bank for other devices
- It is a multipurpose tire inflator and has 4 measurement units
- Has an LCD display which shows real-time pressure
- Comes with a maximum display pressure of 100 PSI and a maximum flow rate of 30L/min
- Not suitable for use with large truck tires
- User reports of receiving a defective unit and the gauge showing inaccurate readings
- Users also say that the battery doesn't last long
2. TEROMAS DC/AC Portable Tire Inflator Air Compressor:
The TEROMAS Portable Air Compressor is an excellent device that comes packed with several features that make it an ideal tool for inflating tires as well as other inflatables. One of its most significant advantages is its two power cords (110V and 12V) which allow it to be used both indoors as well as on the road.
The dimension of this portable inflator is 9.2 x 7.1 x 2.8 in, and it weighs only about 1.1 Kg.
The TEROMAS inflator is also equipped with bright and long-lasting LED lights making it easy to use even in the dark and as it is a compact/portable design compressor so it takes up very little space and comes with a carrying bag that allows you to keep it in your automobile or home.
This inflator also comes with three additional adaptors making it versatile enough for use on cars, motorcycles, RVs, bikes, air mattresses, inflatable boats, balls, and other inflatables.
It features a maximum pressure of 150 PSI making it powerful enough to inflate a P195/65R15 car tire from 0 to 35 psi in under four minutes.
The device is also incredibly easy to use, with a simple interface that allows you to set your desired pressure using the "+" and "-" buttons and this compressor also features an auto shut-off function that ensures it stops inflating when it reaches the preset pressure preventing over-inflation (make sure the pressure you set is higher than the current pressure of your tire).
The device's bright backlight LCD display is another nice thing that makes it convenient to use even in low-light conditions and even in bright sunlight. This unit can display the pressure in PSI, BAR & KG/CM² making it easy to read and understand.
As for the AC cable length, it is 60 in along with an air hose whose length is 21.65 in and the DC cable length is about 126 in.
Included with this compressor are three nozzle adapters, a carrying bag, a user manual, an AC cable for home Use, a DC cable for a car cigarette lighter, and a replaceable fuse.
Note: (Has no support for heavy-duty truck or tractor tires and when connecting the AC outlet for the first time, wait 5 secs to let the air pump energize. Avoid over-inflating, never exceed the recommended pressure. Items overinflated may burst and cause serious injury. Inflate for 10 or 15 mins and let it have a break for 10 mins.)
- Maximum Pressure: 150 PSI
- Display Units: PSI, BAR, KG/ CM²
- Size: 9.2 x 7.1 x 2.8 in
- Weight: 1.1 Kg
- LCD Display: Yes
- Auto Shut Off: Yes
- LED Light: Yes
- Voltage: DC 12V / AC 110V
- Power Source: Corded Electric
- AC Cable Length: 60 in
- DC Cable Length: 126 in
- Air Hose Length: 21.65 in
- Has a maximum pressure of 150 PSI and has a compact/portable design
- Comes with 3 additional adaptors for inflating other things
- Features an automatically shut off function and a backlight LCD display
- Can display pressure in PSI, BAR & KG/CM²
- Comes with bright/long lasting LED lights
- Two power cords (110V and 12V) for outdoor and indoor use
- It cannot be used on big trucks and motor lorry
- Users report getting a defective unit and also say that this unit doesn't last long
- Users also reported that the pressure gauge shows inaccurate readings and its rate of filling is slow
3. AstroAI Rechargeable Cordless Tire Inflator Air Compressor:
The AstroAI Rechargeable Cordless Tire Inflator is an impressive piece of equipment and with its metal cylinder and metal gear, it is built to last. The maximum air pressure of this unit is 160 PSI with an inflating speed of 22 liters/min which is more than enough to meet the needs of four tires at a time making it a highly efficient and time-saving tool.
In terms of dimensions, this unit measures (6.7 x 3.2 x 9.5 inches) with a weight of 4.13 pounds, and as for the length of the hose it is 19.7 inches (50 cm), the AC cord length is 5.9 feet (1.8m), and the DC cord length is about 9.84 feet (3m).
One of the standout features of this air compressor is its dual power supply and it can be powered by either DC 12V or a 20V rechargeable battery pack making inflating tires a breeze and this unit also has a preset function where you can set the desired tire pressure value and the compressor will automatically shut off when that value is reached.
The LED light is also very helpful for you when inflating in a dark place and the sound level is about 80 dB and this tire inflator is compatible with a wide range of vehicles including cars, SUVs, motors, automotive, bicycles, or basketball-size inflatable products. The back-lit LCD screen displays both the desired tire pressure value as well as the current tire pressure and the unit of air pressure can be switched between Bar, Kpa, and PSI.
By utilizing a rechargeable battery with a 20V working voltage, this device can rapidly inflate 195/65/R15 size tires in a mere 4 minutes and additionally, its high-efficiency 2000mAh rechargeable battery has the capacity to charge 4 tires of the same size at a time.
According to its manufacturer, it can continuously work for up to 20 mins, and with the dedicated charger, its battery can go from 0 to full in just 1 hour.
Note: (It is not suitable for large truck tires)
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 6.7 x 3.2 x 9.5 inches
- Weight: 4.13 pounds
- Maximum Pressure: 160 PSI
- Dual Power Supply: 12V DC & 20V Lithium Battery
- Inflating Speed: 22 Liter/min
- Continuous Operating Time: 20 Mins
- Hose Length: 19.7 in / 50 cm
- AC Cord Length: 5.9 ft (1.8 m)
- DC Cord Length: 9.84 ft (3 m)
- Types of Tire Pressure: KPA, PSI, BAR
- LCD Digital Display: Yes
- LED Light: Yes
- Sound Level: 80 dB
- Feature: Metal Cylinder
- Automatic Shut Off: Yes
- Features a maximum air pressure of 160 PSI
- Built with a metal cylinder and metal gear for durability
- Can continuously work for 20 minutes and has a dual power supply (DC 12V / 20V rechargeable)
- Has automatic shut off function and a back-lit LCD screen
- Can measure in three units (BAR, KPA, and PSI)
- Is a multipurpose tire inflator and has a LED light for night use
- Not suitable for large truck tires
- Users report getting a defective unit and also say that the battery doesn't hold a charge
- Users also say that the pressure gauge reading is inaccurate and some say that it pumps slowly
4. VIAIR 88P - 00088 (12V) Tire Inflator
The VIAIR 88P Tire Inflator is a powerful and portable air compressor that is perfect for filling up tires up to 33" on trucks, SUVs, sedans, and small ATVs. One of the standout features of this inflator is its completely portable design which allows it to be powered via alligator clamps that connect directly to your vehicle's battery along with a 20-amp inline fuse holder.
- Maximum Pressure: 120 PSI (Built-In Pressure Gauge)
- Dimensions: 9.8” (L) x 3.2” (W) x 5.6” (H)
- Weight: 4.75 lbs (2.15 kg)
- Noise Level: 76 dB
- Material: Brass
- Power Source: Corded Electric
- Voltage: 12V DC
- Max. Amp Draw: 20 Amps
- Flow Rate @ 0 PSI: 1.47 CFM
- Power Cord: 10 Ft
- Air Hose Length: 16 Ft
- Dual Battery Clamps With 20-Amp Inline Fuse Holder
- LED Work Light/Power Indicator: Yes
- Max. Duty Cycle (@ 72ºF): 25 Min @ 30 PSI
- Permanent Magnetic Motor: Yes
- Ingress Protection Rating: IP53
In terms of specifications, this unit has a weight of 4.75 lbs (2.15 kg) along with a dimension of (9.8” (L) x 3.2” (W) x 5.6” (H)) and this inflator is powered by a 12V DC corded electric motor and has a maximum amp draw of 20 amps.
This inflator is capable of filling a 225/60/18 tire from 20 to 30 PSI in 50 seconds or less making it one of the nicest tire inflators on the market. Other notable features of this unit include a built-in pressure gauge with a maximum pressure of 120 PSI, an LED work light/power indicator, and a 3pc inflation tip kit.
This inflator also boasts a flow rate of 1.47 CFM at 0 PSI with a noise level of 76 dB. The included power cord is 10 ft long while the air hose has a length of 16 ft. It also has a maximum duty cycle of 25 minutes at 30 PSI and a permanent magnetic motor ensuring reliable performance over time along with an ingress protection rating of IP53.
Note: (To use Presta bicycle valves with the 88P, you need to use a Presta Valve Adapter and additionally, the VIAIR Winterization Kit is not compatible with the 88P.)
- Flow Rate Of 1.47 CFM @ 0 PSI
- Features A Built-In Pressure Gauge And Has A Maximum Pressure Of 120 PSI
- Has A Portable Design And A LED/Power Indicator
- Also, Features A Permanent Magnetic Motor And A Ingress Protection Rating Of IP53
- Dual Battery Clamps Along With 20-Amp Inline Fuse Holder
- Users Reports Of Facing Blowing Fuse Issue And Also Users Reports Of Receiving A Defective Unit
- Also Says That The Gauge Is Inaccurate
5. Milwaukee M18 Inflator 2848-20:
The Milwaukee M18 Inflator is a high-performance compressor that delivers fast, accurate, and easy inflation to light trucks along with other medium-duty tires. With dimensions of (13.8’’ x 6.4’’ x 7.8’’ inches) and a weight of 7.0 lbs this cordless inflator is portable and can be taken anywhere with no issues.
It features a maximum pressure rating of 150 PSI along with a high-efficiency motor that allows this inflator to top off 33” light truck tires in under 1 min. The inflator is powered by an 18V DC battery system and has a duty cycle of 33% @ 80 PSI.
One of the standout features of this unit is its TrueFill Technology which includes an auto-pressure check that is designed to wait for the pressure to stabilize, check the system pressure, and fill until the desired target is reached as this helps ensure accurate and consistent inflation while the auto shut-off feature prevents overinflation by stopping inflation at the selected PSI.
The SCFM is 1.41 @ 0 PSI And 1.10 SCFM @ 35 PSI, while the accuracy compared to the standard gauge is +/- 1 PSI.
The PSI Memory Preset feature on this allows users to save their most used PSI rating with up to 4 PSI slots providing added convenience as well as ease of use and it offers three units of measurement to choose from which are PSI, KPA, and BAR.
The unit also includes a 36” inch hose with an all-brass Schrader chuck, anti-vibration feet, Presta Chuck, inflation needle, inflator nozzle, and an on-board hose/nozzle storage.
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 13.8’’ x 6.4’’ x 7.8’’ inches
- Weight: 7.0 lbs
- Maximum Pressure Rating: 150 PSI
- PSI Memory Presets: 4
- Power Source: Cordless
- SCFM: 1.41 @ 0 PSI And 1.10 SCFM @ 35 PSI
- Hose Length: 36’’
- Accuracy Compared To Standard Gauge: +/- 1 PSI
- Duty Cycle: 33% @ 80 PSI
- Volts: 18V DC
- Auto Pressure Check Feature: Yes
- Automatic Shut-Off: Yes
- Units of Measurement: 3 (PSI, KPA, BAR)
- Anti-Vibration Rubber Feet: Yes
- Battery System: M18
- Has A Portable Design With Ergonomic Handle
- Features A Maximum Pressure Of 150 PSI Along With TrueFill Technology (Has Auto-Pressure Check)
- Also Has An Auto Shut-Off Function To Prevent Overinflation
- A SCFM Of 1.41 @ 0 PSI And 1.10 SCFM @ 35 PSI
- Comes With 4 PSI Memory Presets And Three Units Of Measurement (PSI, KPA, BAR)
- Has Anti-Vibration Feet For Stability
- Users Say That The Battery As Well As Charger Is Not Included
- Some Users Report Of Receiving A Defective Unit
6. RYOBI 18V One+ Dual Function Inflator/Deflator (Tool Only)
The Ryobi 18V One+ Dual Function Inflator/Deflator is an excellent tool for those who need to tackle a variety of inflation needs. With its integrated high-pressure hose users can easily inflate cars, bikes, or other tires while the onboard sports ball needle, Presta Valve adapter, and nozzles make it a versatile tool for a wide range of applications.
It features a maximum pressure of 150 PSI and has a high-pressure inflator flow rate (HPLV) of 0.49 SCFM at 35 PSI and a high-volume inflator flow rate (HVLP) of 7.2 SCFM.
This unit is constructed with a combination of plastic and metal materials making it lightweight at 2.9 lbs and in terms of size the unit has a dimension of (16.18 x 10.12 x 4.29 inches) making it easy to store as well as transport and it has a sound level of 78 dB.
The high-volume hose is perfect for inflating large items such as air mattresses or pool toys and the unit can also quickly deflate low-pressure inflatables. As this inflator is cordless you can easily use it in any location without any issues.
One of the standout features of this inflator is the backlit digital pressure along with auto-fill shutoff which ensures accurate inflation and prevents overfilling. The unit reads PSI, KPA, BAR, and users can adjust the pressure by plus or minus 1 PSI to achieve the desired inflation level.
As it is a part of the RYOBI ONE+ System you can use any existing Ryobi 18v battery with it and it also includes a Presta valve adaptor, pinch valve nozzle, high-pressure nozzle, sports ball needle, high-pressure hose, high-volume hose, and an operator's manual.
Note: (Battery and charger sold separately.)
- Dimensions: 16.18 x 10.12 x 4.29 inches
- Maximum Pressure: 150 PSi
- Weight: 2.9 lbs
- Material: Plastic, Metal
- Power Source: Battery Powered
- Voltage: 18 Volts
- Sound Level: 78 dB
- Autofill Shutoff: Yes
- Digital Gauge: Yes
- High-Pressure Inflator (HPLV) Flow Rate: 0.49 SCFM at 35 PSI
- High-Volume Inflator (HVLP) Flow Rate: 7.2 SCFM
- Unit Of Measurement: PSI, KPA, BAR
- It Is Multipurpose And Features A Maximum Pressure Of 150 PSI
- Has A High-Pressure Inflator (HPLV) Flow Rate Of 0.49 SCFM at 35 PSI And A High Volume Inflator (HVLP) Flow Rate Of 7.2 SCFM
- Portable And Lightweight Design
- Also, Features Digital Gauge Along With Autofill Shutoff To Prevent Overfilling
- Can Show Measurement In Three Units (PSI, KPA, BAR)
- Its Battery, As Well As Charger, Is Sold Separately
- There Are Some Reports From Users Indicating That They Have Received A Defective Unit
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
What size air compressor is best for car tires?
When it comes to selecting the best size air compressor for car tires, it's important to consider the type of vehicle you have and the size of its tires.
If you have a smaller car with standard-sized tires, a portable air compressor with a minimum CFM rating of 1 to 3 with a maximum PSI of 100-150 should be sufficient for inflating your tires. However, if you have larger tires or own a truck or SUV, a more powerful air compressor with a higher CFM rating and larger tank size may be necessary.
So it's always a good idea to consult your vehicle's owner manual or a professional mechanic to determine the ideal size of air compressor for your specific needs.
How much psi for car tires with air compressor?
The recommended PSI (pounds per square inch) for car tires can vary depending on the manufacturer and the type of vehicle.
Typically, passenger cars have a recommended tire pressure of 30-35 PSI while larger vehicles such as SUVs and trucks may require higher pressure. When using an air compressor to inflate your car tires, it's important to check the manufacturer's recommended PSI and use a pressure gauge to ensure that you do not over-inflate or underinflate the tires.
At what pressure does tyre burst?
The pressure at which a tire may burst can vary depending on several factors such as the type of tire, its age, the load it is carrying, and the ambient temperature.
However, generally, tires are designed to handle pressures ranging from 30 to 35 PSI (pounds per square inch), and overinflating a tire beyond its recommended pressure can increase the risk of a blowout or tire failure.
It is important to maintain proper tire pressure according to the manufacturer's recommendations to ensure safe driving and to prolong tire life.
Choosing an air compressor for your car tyres can be a daunting task but it's important to consider factors such as portability, power, and accuracy.
A portable and lightweight air compressor is ideal for on-the-go use while a more powerful compressor with a higher CFM rating can inflate tires faster. Accuracy is also crucial as overinflated or underinflated tires can affect the handling and safety of your vehicle.
Ultimately, the right air compressor for you is the one that meets your specific needs as well as your budget. With the right air compressor, you can ensure that your car tires are properly inflated and ready for any adventure on the road. If you find this guide helpful then share it with others and have a nice day.